Friday, May 12, 2006

XBox Is A LOT Of Work!!!

Editors Note: I had typed something different previous to this, then my lovely computer chose to close my internet browser and I lost everything I typed. So now you are getting the cliff-notes version of what I previously typed.
Lisa and I decided this week to buy a used XBox. A year ago some friends of mine got me hooked on Halo and Halo2 and we get together in a "male bonding" setting every couple of months to play. When we play, we play literally ALL DAY, for up to 12 hours!!! Talk about insane...Needless to say I really enjoy playing it and Lisa and I have set a small budget to buy a used one.
I have also told myself that I am going to be a good boy with this item. I know it is fun to play, but it is very easy for a compulsive person like myself to get carried away not do the important things. I will not forget time for the important things like Lisa, our daughter, taking care of teh house, and sleep! The timing on buying an XBox is good because the regular tv season is coming to an end and we will have a little bit of time to devote to playing vs watching tv.
We are looking mainly at eBay. I looked at Yahoo auctions, bid on something, and did not meet the reserve. eBay seems to have a much bigger selection of auctions with XBoxes for sale. It crazy how many are for sale and even more so crazy how many people are BUYING these items!
So I spent some time on eBay during lunch yesterday and have a good idea now of what the market is asking for them. Lisa and I have a budget for this and have vowed not to spend more than that on this matter. Besides, this is a real treat for us and is mostly my Father Day gift.
I will keep posted on our future endeavors with this matter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home