Monday, December 19, 2005

Richard Pryor - Funny Comedian

I was sad to hear of the death last week of Richard Pryor. He was a talented entertainer who met his fate due to his MS. If anyone saw pictures of him in his last few months, you could see just how much of a toll his disease took on him. I have some great memories of him being in movies like Stir Crazy, Silver Streak, Harlem Heat, and Brewster's Millions. I saw some of his stand-up routines which by today's standards were ok, but back when he conducted them in the 70s and 80s were considered controversial or pushing the envelope. He made me laugh at the rediculousness of our differences. Black, white, etc it doesn't matter...We are all in this together was the message I got out of it. I hope he is in heaven making everyone laugh as he did here on earth.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Mc. said...

He was a genious. I will never forget his exchange with Chevy Chase on SNL during "The Job Interview." If you haven't seen it, it's on the internet. Long live Prior.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home