Thursday, December 07, 2006

At It Again (JOB PART II)

I am sorry to report that my present job, that I worked two months to find, is NOT working out and I am almost desperate to find another job. As you may recall from a previous blog of mine, I accepted a job doing Accounts Receivable, or as this company calls is, "Collections" work. Well I think that it has not been in the stars for me to NOT keep this job as things have happened pretty much since day that have been less than fun. For instance as part of my training, I had to go out for a ride on a semi since this was a trucking company and see how the drivers does things that would affect my job as a collector. Well they decided to send me out on Halloween (my 2nd day of work) and put me with a trucker that was working the late shift (it was the end of the month when shippers ship the most and he had worked until 9:00pm the night before!). So when I asked the driver if there was a way for me to try and get back to the office somehow by 5:00 (when I was told I would be back), all hell broke loose and while Yes I was able to get back to the office at 4:00, my boss sat me down as soon as I got back and gave me a talk about this. I would have had No problem working until 10:00pm if they asked me, but it was Halloween and was going to be my daughter's first Halloween trick or treating. I would have quit any job to not miss that event. She is only 2 once! Then that same week, I found out that I needed a social security card in order to get paid. A girl in my dept said that she had to do this too and gave me a number to call. Well I called the local office and it was only open 9am to 4pm Monday through Friday! That meant that I would have to go during worktime to get my card. Then my boss tells me that I would have to go during my lunchtime (my 1/2 hour break) and any time I spend over it would be docked from my pay. Keep in mind that this is something the company was requiring me to do and I was bound by the times of the state's office. Oh and one last note on this: I was off of work the week before and could have done this during my week off had they simply told me when they hired me that I would need this to work there!!!! There have been other incidents like this since I have been working for merely 6+ weeks and today I got into an unavoidable argument with two co-workers (my supervisors) about the work I had been doing. I spent an hour and a half on the computer last night looking for jobs on the internet and am doing that tonight as well. PLEASE pray for my serenity and that I find a much, MUCH better job ASAP!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger John Mc. said...

Mark!
Updates?
Where have you been?!

We miss you,
-John Mc.

9:22 PM  
Blogger  said...

*raised eyebrow*

2:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home