Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Hollywood Part II - Chevy Chase

I have spoken to a few people since I started this BLOG and a few have made some comments about my Brad and Angelina topic. The consensus was: "What were you thinking when you came up with that topic?"
OK, I will admit it wasn't the best topic, but it did generate the most comments of any topic I have started so far (today is Tuesday December 27)!!! Plus, I am not much of a Hollywood gossip person, but I do enjoy talking about stars lives because they are in the spotlight and we are all reminded that they get-up every morning and put their shoes on just like us.
So with that in mind, here is another "Hollywood Topic": Where the heck is Chevy Chase these days?
We all remember him from his days on Saturday Night Life and of course who better could have played Clark Griswald than he? The last I saw of him, his face had ballooned-up and he looked like he had put on 50 lbs. He was doing a commercial for some product and the ad was not in the least bit funny. The weight issue made him unrecognizable (I trully hardly recognized him) and the ad was an attempt at humor, but was not Chevy Chase humor.
He has had a great movie career including The National Lampoon Vacation series, Caddy Shack, The Three Amigos, the Fletch movies. Now adays, you hear nothing of him. He does not make the rounds on talk-shows and has not starred in any big rolls in awhile.
Can someone keep me posted as to what he has been up to? Am I missing something and alone in my feelings towards this great comedian's downslide?

1 Comments:

Blogger John Mc. said...

The Fletch movies were some of the best movies of the 80's in my oppinion. Some will say 16 Candles or Better Off Dead, which both were good, but you can't beat Fletch or Back To The Future.
I got the DVD of "Vacation" and Chevy is a jerk. Very full of himself. This was apparent in the on-screen interviews that he did, and might be the reason why he isn't working as much anymore. When you get a big head, eventually you don't get any work.
I just looked him up on IMDB.com (best website for movies and actors in the world) and he hasn't done anything memorable since "Orange County." And before that "Snow Day." How sad. How very sad indeed.
Here's the link:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000331/

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home