Friday, January 27, 2006

Big Al's Celebration

For those of you who do not watch the Today Show on NBC, today's is Al Roker's 10 year anniversary with the show. Al is the weatherman who took over for Willard Scott.
This morning, they were showing highlights and clips from his time with the show.
I use to Watch Fox News in the morning up to a year or so ago. Then my wife got me watching the Today Show. It is OK, but nothing great. Seems like most of the shows are the same, whether it is the Today Show, Good Morning America on NBC, or CBS' Early Show. I am amazed at how the Today Show has been #1 in its time spot for years now. It has been very interesting to see how no one has been able to knock them off their stoop on top.
By I digress.
I am writing today about Al Roker, who lost a large quantity of weight and when he and is wife could not conceive a child naturally, they did Invetro. I have to say that at times it appears that he is on drugs, with his happy demeanor and overall positive attitude, but at the same time he is not too annoying like some people can be when they are happy all of the time. They were asking him what is favorite moment on the show has been and he said interviewing Charles Schultz, the creator of the Peanuts comics. That is a very unique choice being that Al has interviewed Hollywood celebrities, political figures, and foreign dignitaries. But alas, that shows the true nature of his character.
Not being overweight myself, but having had problems losing weight when I've had to, I admire his courage for going through the stomach surgery and then dieting to lose weight. A night and day difference between when he was obese and after he went through the surgery and diet.
I am not a proponent of Invetro fertilization for various reasons, but at least the good thing that came out of it is that he got to be a parent.
So to end as Al would say, "That's what's going on in this part of our country, here's what's going on in yours..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home