Thursday, July 06, 2006

Been awhile...Boulder, CO



Sorry that I have not posted in awhile. My wife and daughter accompanied me on a trip to Boulder, CO where I had chance to go for work AND spend some time enjoying a few sites with my family! About 2/3 of my time was work and 1/3 fun.
Boulder is a great city! It nestled near the Rocky Mountains, so you have some beautuful scenery to look at and it is only 25 miles from Denver, so you have a nice big city to visit and fly out of. Boulder itself it pretty big. I think it has a population of about 100,000. The center of the city is Colorado University (or is it University of Colorado?) and the have a nice shop area on what is known as Pearl Street. The city is clean and there really is no bad areas.
I have to say that my wife and I liked everything so much that we said we would live there, of course of all of our friends and family are here in Illinois, so we are not selling the home anytime soon. But it would be a decent place to retire to, again we have a few other states closer to us we would move to before we ever retired.
My only complaint would be the hot weather! Being so high up in altitude (6,000+ feet), you are closer to the sun and thus the temperature was in the 90s almost every day!! At least it is in the 90s WITHOUT humidty!!!
The Denver Zoo was simple, but nice. Rocky Mountain National Park was beautiful and high. There was still snow on the mountains at the end of June. We got some great photos.
If you ever want a nice place to visit for a few days, Boulder, CO is on my top ten list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home